Why hello thar

needsnewbrain

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Hi, I'm Zinkies, or needsnewbrain, as the case may be. I am currently taking a "backyard poultry" course through my local extension office and I plan to get my first layers here in the next few weeks. In the meantime, I will be posting lots of questions! I live in southeastern PA and I want naked-neck turkens... I think I may be getting some New Hampshire/Rhode Island Red (New Hampshires crossed BACK with RIs to increase egg productivity) that are already 6-7 weeks old. On the other hand, I might convince the man of the house to let me get chicks instead, and I'll get my turkens after all :eek:) Or maybe I'll get both, who knows? I don't want to overdo it my first time out though, especially since I'm not sure how the neighbors are going to react (there's no local statutes I've been able to find prohibiting poultry in residential areas, and our neighbors further down the way have chickens kinda hidden and tucked back out of the way).

I found this forum by accident when I typed something into the search bar on my browser rather than the search bar on the website I was on, lol. I've been lurking here for about a week or so, and have already learned a whole lot. Above everything else right now, I'm a gardener. I'm learning and developing the skills that I will need for homesteading even though we're renting a house right now and homesteading is a distant hope/goal.

My partner and I run a small company (he was doing it by himself before he met me and won me, but sometimes I wonder how! Don't tell him I said that!), where I've learned the real meaning of the word quality.

-Z

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom