WHY is it SOO HARD to find breeder quality silkies!!? Where can I get some?

Nga

Chirping
Oct 10, 2021
Guys I’ve been on a search for breeder quality silkies For almost TWO years and still no luck, I’m tempted to buy 50-100 silkies from ideal to grow them out hopping to find a few breeder quality chickens! i see a lot of breeders with beautiful silkies On Facebook , they either have a huge waiting list or they don’t sell..i was so close to getting hatching eggs from silkie one stop shop .. well during that time I ordered $200 or so worth of hatching eggs from another breeder and had 20% hatch rate. that put me off hatching shipped eggs so I let one stop silkie shop know my situation and she said she does not give refund but she will do it for me after she sells some chicks. Well she stopped replying my message after that!! I stop bothering after trying to contact her numerous times… there goes $120😭Anyways why are these silkies so hard to get my hands on?? if you know a good source please share.. or should I buy a bunch of hatchery chicks, grow them out and pick the best out of the group?

if you don’t mind me asking, why did you say avoid feather lover farms?

Well, where are you from? That might help. It’s not hard to find Silkie breeders, it’s just most don’t ship.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom