Why is my Hen laying this color egg?

I have a variety of hens laying a variety of colors. Sometimes, they look speckled or mottled, and it is the medium to dark brown ones that will once in awhile have a discoloration effect. As I gently wash & crate eggs for market, most times those few speckled or color variations will come right off. I really don't know if it might be during the last coat of egg shell formation, or if it might be related to the hen's bloom. Yesterday morning, I got a really interesting looking egg...like my hen was trying to copy a marble design. Like yours, my hens all eat a well balanced diet & are happy & healthy, so it is a mystery to me, but as long as the hens are healthy & the eggs are awesome, I'm not worried about it. Here are a few pics. You see the 1 marble looking egg I'm holding? 😆

View attachment 3765111
View attachment 3765121View attachment 3765122View attachment 3765123View attachment 3765124
View attachment 3765112View attachment 3765113
Thats pretty cool. This hen lays the same every time since she started laying. Doesn’t wash off or anything. I hatched her chick, which is 9 weeks old now to see if she will lay similarly.

Back
Top Bottom