Why is my Pekin duck "sneezing"?

@Chickenkeepr
@JadeComputerGal
@PureBarnevelder

So sorry all of you have sick birds!
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Great Thank You so much for your help! I'm using an old fenced in area that was used for dogs many years ago and have been forewarned about possible problems that might arise. As for woods I've read that squash and pumpkin work well, any thoughts ?

Unfortunately as of this morning my girl is back where she was a few days ago. It seems as though the Tylan and Ivomec aren't working so we will try Safeguard starting this afternoon.

Unfortunately as of this morning my girl is back where she was a few days ago. It seems as though the Tylan and Ivomec aren't working so we will try Safeguard starting this afternoon.
Are you treating her for gape worm with the safe Guard? @Chickenkeepr

@casportpony can give you the days for treatment but I think it's 3 or 5 days straight.

Quote: When I treated mine I also treated for capillary worms, so I gave it for five days. One study says to treat gapes you give Safeguard for three day and one book says five, so I would go with five and get as many worms as possible. The Safeguard dose I use is 0.23ml per pound for five days. Liquid or paste, doesn't matter, it's the same amount. Dose for a five pound bird is 1.14ml, but it's okay to round up or down a little.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:
Important note... Some people will go buy a bottle of Safeguard, read the directions and think that the dose for poultry is the same as it is for goats, but trust me, it's not. The instructions on the bottle basically say that goats get 5mg/kg, but what people should know is that birds, cats and dogs get way more and they get it for several days in a row.

-Kathy

When I treated mine I also treated for capillary worms, so I gave it for five days. One study says to treat gapes you give Safeguard for three day and one book says five, so I would go with five and get as many worms as possible. The Safeguard dose I use is 0.23ml per pound for five days. Liquid or paste, doesn't matter, it's the same amount. Dose for a five pound bird is 1.14ml, but it's okay to round up or down a little.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
Thanks K. I write it all down. with all your doses and instructions.

Back
Top Bottom