Why is my pet Buff Laced Polish hen attacking me ?

Poulet 2016

Chirping
Feb 18, 2017
Berry Creek, California
Hi guys,
I have a pet Polish hen who lives in the house.
I don't own any other chickens, just a parakeet & a lovebird.
She was about 2 weeks old when i got her and is 8 months old now.
About 10 days ago she began attacking me when i have certain things in my hands.
The color doesn't seem to matter.
I have a see through coin jar & the plastic container that parakeet food comes in that she primarily goes after.
The feathers on the back of her neck flare out, she stands straight up and then she rears up and comes at it and ME with her feet and beak and attacks.
I have scabs all over my hands & arms from the little jerk -o.
1f602.png

This only began about 10 days ago, she never did it before.
Other things that are in her view every day but don't seem to bother her are my.baseball caps, cell phone, over the ear headphones, brightly colored clothing, etc.
She recently began going after my feet when i enter my room. She runs up, tags my bare feet (which HURTS) and then when i cry out and turn to look down and tell her "NO" she immediatly squats down.
I'm pretty sure she knows she's doing wrong on the latter behaivor and doesn't give a cluck.
It's the 1st problem that has me stumped.
Any ideas?

100% positive she's a she being she lays an egg every other day.
1f423.png
1f602.png

Well, that would be a pretty good indication that it's a girl.. :) Maybe her attitude has something to do with that green mold growing on her head. ;) Seriously, chickens are a flock animal and part of their flock dynamics is the pecking order. Could be she sees you as a flock member since she doesn't have a real flock to interact with and feels she's above you in that pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom