Why so spread out?

gushing4guineas

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 28, 2014
I am hatching my first batch of guinea eggs and so far love it can't wait to do it again but was wondering I candled at day 23 and out of 12 eggs 7 were looking good. I locked down and increased the humidity. The very next day I had a keet then on day 26 another keet hatched and now on day 28 another keet hatched. I have heard or seen nothing from the remaining 4 eggs. I am just wondering why they would be spaced out like that and how long should I go until its a safe bet that there will be no more hatching. Thank you for any input.

how has the rest of the hatch gone?

They might still hatch, but I have found that my very late hatchers (not guineas, but other poultry) tend to die after a few days.
hit.gif

3 though is a nice group, even though it is a bit disappointing as well.

Hatching is addictive, because we can always learn more to help us improve, and there are so many lovely things that we can hatch!!!

It's possible if you bought the eggs from someone a hen sat on the eggs that hatched early and they started developing early. All my guineas hatched early or on time though but only on day 25 to day 28. Maybe find a different egg seller for your next hatch. Good luck with your keets!

Back
Top Bottom