Why trying to get in shape this time of year is nearly impossible...

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
The following is based on a true story....
tongue.png

1. You absolutely must taste everything you bake at least twice, it's the law! If you are a baker like me, this can be quite dangerous. So far I have tasted Chocolate chocolate chip cookies, M+M cookies, Gingerbread men, coconut macaroons, dark chocolate truffles, banana bread, marshmallows and sugar cookies, all because of this awful "taster law". Someone really needs to get a hold of congress.
:|

2. People think that because you told them you were trying to get in shape that automatically means to send you a box full of yummy Holiday goodies. (Thanks uncle Rick!!!)
hmm.png

3. It's rude to not try at least one of everything at Holiday parties. Remember, you must stay on Santa's good side. If you don't try that "Surprise Salad", Aunt Ethel's feelings might get hurt. Nobody wants to hurt Aunt Ethel's feelings even though no one is really sure what the surprise in her salad is.... :eek:

4. Snow, snow, snow. While snow can prove beneficial in your workout routine, (aka shoveling!!) it may also mean that you are stuck in the house because of crummy roads. The snow can also have hypnotic effects, I have experienced this myself, that force you to cuddle on the couch with cups of coffee/hot cocoa watching movies.
pop.gif

5. Uggggh! Another winter cold. Well, even if you felt like it, going to the gym with boogers running out of your nose is not very polite at all. Hacking all over the stair stepper will surely get your gym membership revoked.

6. Quite honestly, between all the holiday hoopla and BYC, how would someone even have time to go to the gym? A person must have priorities....

That's why I have my "dreadmill" at home, but I still make excuses and yes, Angie it is a law that you have to taste test cookies!

These cookies passed the taste test in my kitchen:

Spritz, Cardamom crescents, Pfeffernuesse (sp), Biscotti, sugar cookies.

I feel fat just typing that!

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Hummm, "taster's law", well, I guess I'd better get going with the Christmas cookie baking. If I must taste twice, that would be two cookies of each kind, right? I see lots of small batches of many different kinds of cookies in my near furture.
wink.png

A couple weeks of missed exercise and over-indulgence is NOT going to make you fat (assuming you pick up where you left off after the holidays). However, the loss of exercise and sunlight along with the time spent shopping and decorating MAY induce symptoms of insanity. :mad:

For me it has been an ongoing race to make many different chocolate truffles. Since I use very expensive chocolate, I just cannot justify not licking the pan clean.
tongue.png

Now, Let's hurry up and get this over with!

Oh man! I'm really hungry after reading your list of cookies and I've even already had lunch. Yum!
tongue.png

It's so true that you have to taste them.......you don't want to give out bad cookies to anyone and if one breaks or something, you can't ever waste it.

The snow thing is also so true for me. Make a fire, watch a movie, and eat munchies.

I actually did go to the gym today, but it was really, really hard to make myself go. I do feel better now that I went. I missed going on Tue. Oooops! Very hard to motivate yourself to go in yucky weather.

Well, since I went to the gym, does it mean I can eat more? LOL!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom