Why wasn't this on the Front Page???? Should Have been, Please Read!!!

Quote:
AMEN. Wow I actually did not know it was from that far back lol,. I just got it in an email the other day. I was very touched by it and thought the more people I could tell the better, hence posting it here lol.

Quote:
It did me too, and then I read it to my FIL and it made me cry again lol.

Sorry all, lol I am just now getting back to this thread
smile.png

I just lost a dear friend from my childhood in the war. It is strange, my DH or i hadn't seen or heard from him in 5 years and one day he just walks into my house. He stayed for dinner and told us of his family and his new son and that he was returning to Iraq after taking scrapnel (sp?) and it was his choice. The visit was amazing but strange that he would just come by. 4 months later in Feb he was killed by a bomb that was implanted on his hum-v while doing a sweep of a village. Before he left for his tour they had him fill out a booklet of death requests, who the pension would go to, the flag, burial and people he would like to speak at his funeral. In this booklet he said he would be honored if my DH spoke. We were floored..and very honored. My DH broke down in front of 1000 people, made Marines cry and tried to honor him as well as he could. I thank him everyday for what he did for us. My children will learn about him and what he did for them and why they still get to play outside and enjoy their freedom.

I miss him everyday and I think he knew what was going to happen and that is why he stopped by that day.

This story is so moving, more so because my son served two tours in Iraq. The thing that truly amazes me is the pride and dedication each has for our country and his/her fellow warriors. I told my son I can no longer look at the news and see our wounded. He said, "they know that going in." Still, they serve. I also get upset at the Nashville evening news, seeing the scum that sleep all day and rob and murder all night. We have so many patriotic citizens who give so much.

Quote:
Glad to hear, cause I did not see or hear anything of it at all. At least he was recognized somewhere in the world
smile.png

I think Bush actually honored him at the time. We heard so little about the wounded when Bush was in office. It was a special occasion that he paid a special tribute to that young man.

Unfortunately we don't hear about this or other acts of courage that happen every day because this isn't a "popular" war. The masses don't want our troops over there so they keep a lid on what happens. Good and bad. Unless we really screw up.

The guys and girls over there are all heros!!

Last edited:
Thats a great story and I love how the Seals slapped their tridents on the coffin. I wont get into why the media did not put in on the front page out of respect to our left leaning friends here.

Back
Top Bottom