Why wasn't this on the Front Page???? Should Have been, Please Read!!!

Is it my imagination or was this Memorial Day more celebrated? There seemed to be more gratitude to our service people, patriotism, and more coverage by the media. DH and I enjoy learning about history, particularly the 1930s and 40s, and we saw for the first time on PBS a show about the many American cemeteries on foreign soil. We had no idea there were that many. They were all so beautiful and dignified. We've seen WWII footage with American cemeteries but nothing like this film.

DH and a neighbor are former Marines and we have supported the DAV for years. Our neighbor receives excellent care from the VA. The DAV is not always supported by the public as it should. It is heart wrenching to see wounded. (This is not meant to beg for the DAV or other org.; just an opinion.)

Please no political posts.

Couple of things.

1-Media has to know to write the story.

2-If you're not buying the paper or paying for advertising, they have less space to fill with the articles that have to run.

3-This story is more than a year old: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

4-This
was apparantally in the news, just not necessarily in YOUR newspaper: http://news.google.com/news?q=Monsoor

Actor
Gary Sinise even did a tribute to him.

Just my two cents. Being the media, I hate when people jump on the media without checking first. I mean think about it, I'm assuming you got those photos from a website or blog that probably pulled them from a news source.

It's true what you said, but we don't exactly have investigative media reporting. How did Bernie Madoff fly so high for so long? Or who predicted this economic lead curtain to fall so hard and so fast? I watch various news stations, and much is slanted or omitted. My post was not a rant against the media, although I question the integrity and veracity at times.

I have seen Gary Sinise and others. This is all I am going to say on the subject, which I thought was pretty innocuous.

Last edited:
Quote:
You can come off your soap box, I only got this as an email and was just passing it around and thought more would enjoy to know about it as I did. Excuse me for posting it. This was not to cause an issue at all. I know its older news, SO WHAT, does it really matter? I buy and read the paper, watch the news etc.... and I NEVER saw any of this on there.

Please close and lock this thread, it was meant so people can enjoy it, not so media can bash it or whatever you want to call it.
sad.png

Quote:
You can come off your soap box, I only got this as an email and was just passing it around and thought more would enjoy to know about it as I did. Excuse me for posting it. This was not to cause an issue at all. I know its older news, SO WHAT, does it really matter? I buy and read the paper, watch the news etc.... and I NEVER saw any of this on there.

Please close and lock this thread, it was meant so people can enjoy it, not so media can bash it or whatever you want to call it.
sad.png

I am glad you took the time to post this story. Yes I had heard it but it was never really recognized as it should have been. And he and others should not be forgotten.

I am sure there is some good media out there somewhere, I just have not seen them in a long time. Though your post was not criticism, it is desperately needed. They do not self police themselves at all. When they can point the finger at each other instead of decent citizens then maybe they will regain some respect. They won't get it by attempting to 'get in our face' as some have.

When the media from all sides can report accurately without bias, at least make a attempt, I think the country will listen. But we are increasingly getting tired of the BS that is trying to be pulled. Believe it or not America is intelligent enough to make our own decisions without being led around by the nose. Or at least I would like to believe we are.

OP you have my apologies for this rant, this thread should have never come to this. I agree time to lock the thread.

Alot of times people prefer to think of our forces as non existant or a lasting fairy tale, they are more concerned about whether their neighbor will have an affair , then if someone dies over seas - which is a regular occurance.
They dont see bravery, they would rather see volgure images of people being naughty or defiant.

Back
Top Bottom