Why/What in the world is he doing?

Interesting. That is balatant aggression and a lot of it. My games are not so aggressive. Looks almost as if the darker bird is trying to control access to your hand. If so it may be a form of territoriality. Is it possible that when feed is applied that the darker bird can deny the other access to it. Also I am guessing you do a lot of hand feeding where it takes only a peck or two to clean up what is in your hand?

Arrange may be putting you on a patch where those birds are going to be very aggressive.
The black one was the first to become so aggressive. He bullied the other one so much, that he soon started too. I guess he decided to defend himself. Yes they did eat from my hand the first week or so, but not so much anymore, but they both would let each other eat. The black one is much smaller, but is way more energetic. I don't usually have to put a top on the brooder until around 4-5 weeks old, but the black one was flying up and sitting on top of it at a little over 1 week old. I've never seen anything like him.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in reference to your last sentence.
Do you think it's safe to assume that these both are roosters?

Those birds appear to be on a track where they will be very aggressive as adults. The behavior is not typical for such young birds as it appears to intense and frequent for play. With my birds that I know well, males are more aggressive at times and have different mannerisms but I will not venture guess on your birds.

Hen reared those chicks would be very different.

Back
Top Bottom