Why won't these &#*%* mice die?!?!?!?!

Geckolady, you have guts- i throw out the snap trap if i catch one lol! I HATE mice too, had a bad infestation in a house years ago, they got into my jewelry box even. My kids loved Cinderella at that time and there i am, rooting for Lucifer to eat those damn mice !

Hopefully you've got it figured out but if not, get a good female cat. The females hunt. My male watched a mouse run right in front of him and did nothing. My female caught dozens every night until eventually they were all gone. Our neighbor is infested but refuses to do anything.

I had mice in my coop. Always just saw a few. I tried different traps. They were there when I took over the coop. The previous owner didn't want to hurt them. That says it all!
Then one day I walked in later in the evening than ususal. There were mice everywhere! So what I started doing, I took the chicken feed away at night. And put out professional grade rat and mouse poison. They were hungry, so they ate it. A lot of it! I could not keep up with putting out fresh. At first no reaction as this stuff needs time to work. But it got less and less... and eventually they were gone. I guess they didn't like the fact, that so many of them died and left. I have not seen a mouse for several weeks now ( I am soooo happy!!! ) I think what did the trick is the food gone and poison in it's place.
Of course that is hard for you since they are not your chickens. Have you thought of 1 or 2 cats?
Good luck! Hope you'll find a way!
Please what ever you do DO not use poison. You will be killing other creatures, such as owls, possible cats and dogs as well. Get a bucket with a string, look on u-tube how to do this a safe way. I purchased a live catch, caught ten plus each day. My mice came from a field, where they were living under a tree that blew over. Had mice everywhere. The cats and pigmy owls took care of during the winter. Your house look for any openings. They sell a tube of foam that will stop mice from chewing and use in any access.

Back
Top Bottom