Why????

BookWorm243

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Franklin, NC
Okay we were listening to the radio the other day and Whistle by Flo Rida comes on. Let me just say that it is a really catchy song. And then you listen to the lyrics! Why do the really catchy songs have such bad lyrics????
hmm.png

Correction, highly marketed bands and singers tend to just be mouth pieces...or pure anamatons...regardless of genre, though some genres certainly lend theselves more to that. There are certainly plenty of rappers using their own material. They just tend not to be played on the radio. I tend to gravitate towards hip hop (it has some similarities, history, and overlap with punk), and there is no shortage of fresh, raw, and original material. Heck some of it can even be found on the airwaves.

I'd have to agree with Matthew and Punk. Mainstream Rappers now a day rarely right their lyrics especially most of the "Catchy" songs. Many of the lyrics can be suggestive because that is what sells. Not all rappers are alike though. If you look at many 90's and early 2000's rap and hip hop songs you will see quite a bit of difference from today's music. Even modern day underground rappers have a much different flow than the mainstream ones. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom