Will a Crushed egg hatch? *STILL ALIVE!*HATCHING!

i've taped up cracks in eggs and have them hatch. That's a large area, but do think he has a chance, especially if he's so close to hatch time. Good luck!
fl.gif

Quote:
I also usually use tape to tape the cracked or crushed area. but never have a so big crush like this and so much shell are missing.
But sometime some of the eggshell too thin. When the chick try to piping a hole, a big piece of eggshell are drop off then the membrane stick on his body. But in this point may not the right time for take him out yet. cause the yolk may not totally go in to his body yet.

If in your case I will do like this...
Prepare a small paint brush. When he start try to pull through. use the brush slowly apply some warm clean water beside the tape to wet it. Then try pull out the tape slowly.
If the tape still pulling with the membrane. then just pull a very tiny hole (near the place he want to pip) and fold out a little see the membrane is it still have wet blood. If still wet with blood, stop here leave the hole there for air and put back to the bator. In this point the yolk are not totally go in to his body yet. Later when the membrane inside without blood and dry. let see did he try to pipping by himself. If so, let him do it. If he pipping for hours and still can't pip the hole bigger (day 21). In this point if the membrane are dry, I will start to remove the shell for him. If some area are stick with membrane use brush to apply water then remove it.
Sometime when after operate the chick out of shell his body are so sticky. I will give him a slow warm water shower then use hair dryer & cloth dry his hair a little then put him back to bator.

Quote:
I also usually use tape to tape the cracked or crushed area. but never have a so big crush like this and so much shell are missing.
But sometime some of the eggshell too thin. When the chick try to piping a hole, a big piece of eggshell are drop off then the membrane stick on his body. But in this point may not the right time for take him out yet. cause the yolk may not totally go in to his body yet.

If in your case I will do like this...
Prepare a small paint brush. When he start try to pull through. use the brush slowly apply some warm clean water beside the tape to wet it. Then try pull out the tape slowly.
If the tape still pulling with the membrane. then just pull a very tiny hole (near the place he want to pip) and fold out a little see the membrane is it still have wet blood. If still wet with blood, stop here leave the hole there for air and put back to the bator. In this point the yolk are not totally go in to his body yet. Later when the membrane inside without blood and dry. let see did he try to pipping by himself. If so, let him do it. If he pipping for hours and still can't pip the hole bigger (day 21). In this point if the membrane are dry, I will start to remove the shell for him. If some area are stick with membrane use brush to apply water then remove it.
Sometime when after operate the chick out of shell his body are so sticky. I will give him a slow warm water shower then use hair dryer & cloth dry his hair a little then put him back to bator.

welcome-byc.gif

I hope he/she hatches. Cant wait to find out. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for the peep!

The tape isnt actually touching the membrane anywhere, I just have it on there to "replace" the part of the shell thats missing. He is still moving around today. Im keeping a close eye on his sibling eggs that are underneath his broody Mama still. They havent hatched yet. I am home 24/7 so I monitor him pretty closely. There isnt an hour that goes by that I dont peer in on him. When and if he pips through he membrane,I will take the bator into a warm steamy bathroom and cut the tape open with my tiny scissors. Hope it will be soon.

Ok, so I just went to check on mama, and there is a pip!!!! It should be any time now. He is especially active right now. Maybe a Valentines miracle? I will post a photo of him from a top view sometime today...so you can get a good view of what I see. It really will be a miracle if he pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom