Will cat repeller - ultrasonic cat scarer device harm my chickens?

skywalker786

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
Hi

The next door neighbours cats are scarring my chickens and pooing in my garden so I'm thinking of getting cat a repeller with ultrasonic sound, will this scare my chickens and be harmful for them? My chickens also run around in the garden where I will put his device will such s device effect them in any way, please look at the link below from amazon of this device and let me know if it's safe more chickens;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...onic Scarer&qid=1436038382&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

Thanks
S

I have a hard time believing that any sound or flashing light device works for any length of time. Serious predators figure out that it's harmless, and it might annoy your birds. I don't know what hearing range chickens have, but you could find out. Are the cats hunting your birds, or passing through? Pooing in the garden isn't good at all. Have you talked to the neighbor? Animal control? Any leash or licensing laws for cats where you live? Do you have other critters visiting at night you're not aware of? Mary

Back
Top Bottom