Will eggs hatch after being waterglassed?

alexanye

Chirping
Oct 20, 2021
I just learned about the waterglass method of preserving eggs. I Googled this in like 10 different ways and couldn't get an answer either way. Will eggs hatch after they have been preserved by waterglassing?

I live in the south, my chickens only slow down in the winter. There's no reason to presrve my chicken eggs, but if waterglassed eggs can be hatched I would like to save my Guinea eggs for a broody chicken. The Guineas are free range and are basically wild 😂

I feel like they probably won't hatch, but I can't find an answer either way.

Last edited:
I just learned about the waterglass method of preserving eggs. I Googled this in like 10 different ways and couldn't get an answer either way. Will eggs hatch after they have been preserved by waterglassing?

I live in the south, my chickens only slow down in the winter. There's no reason to presrve my chicken eggs, but if waterglassed eggs can be hatched I would like to save my Guinea eggs for a broody chicken. The Guineas are free range and are basically wild 😂

I feel like they probably won't hatch, but I can't find an answer either way.
I would be shocked if you could hatch them! Best way I’ve found. To keep Guinea hatching eggs is in a cooler in the below ground storm shelter, or inside with a peck of “ice” rotated out every 12 hr to keep temperature at about 55-60 F. Tip the whole cooler from one side to the other every 12 hr, using blocks or books. Good hatchability is maintained for several weeks.

Back
Top Bottom