Will foxes and other predators dig under my electric fence?

Epye

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
Hello, I want to get a premier one electric fence to do rotational grazing for my chickens, ducks and geese. I have many foxes in my area, but they leave my permanent run alone because it's electrified, has a predator apron and motion detector lights.

Will foxes dig under a movable electric fence? Will coyotes jump over it? Can I attach netting on top of the fence to deter hawks and keep my chickens in?

Thank you!
Jane

Hello, I want to get a premier one electric fence to do rotational grazing for my chickens, ducks and geese. I have many foxes in my area, but they leave my permanent run alone because it's electrified, has a predator apron and motion detector lights.

Will foxes dig under a movable electric fence? Will coyotes jump over it? Can I attach netting on top of the fence to deter hawks and keep my chickens in?

Thank you!
Jane
I have 4 of these and here's my take on it. I've never had a fox dig under it as long as it's been on and no problems with coyotes. As long as the fenced-in space is small enough I don't see why you couldn't put netting over it.
Basically, if it's on it should be good.

Back
Top Bottom