Will it work out alright?

lilwanderer

Crowing
Apr 7, 2022
Live Oak, Florida
I have a lone duckling thats only 4 days old. Supposed to be picking up some more today- But the person only has one under a week and that's a 5 day old.
They had some I wanted but are 3 weeks and up, will it be okay if the mix ones under a week with 3 week olds?

I have a lone duckling thats only 4 days old. Supposed to be picking up some more today- But the person only has one under a week and that's a 5 day old.
They had some I wanted but are 3 weeks and up, will it be okay if the mix ones under a week with 3 week olds?
I think it's a size thing. Like if the breeds are the same, then the older ones might trample the younger ones.

I just got my neighbor a 2-week-old pekin as they had just hatched one orphan pekin duck. it was about 3 days old when I bought this 2-week-old one at a poultry swap for them. It worked marvelously!

I think it's a size thing. Like if the breeds are the same, then the older ones might trample the younger ones.

I just got my neighbor a 2-week-old pekin as they had just hatched one orphan pekin duck. it was about 3 days old when I bought this 2-week-old one at a poultry swap for them. It worked marvelously!
well the the younger two are Pekin and the others are muscovy ducks. Not sure how much a difference it'll be in size, never owned muscovy.

@cheezenkwackers set up her brooder to accommodate younger and older ducklings and it worked great. Hopefully, she'll share a picture. It's always best to err on the side of caution when introducing younger to older ducklings so no one gets accidentally trampled on. Probably won't take but a few days till they can be together for good.

i used a window screen, put it in right across the middle of my stock tank, and then I cut pool noodles to fit around the edges of it and fill in the little gaps on the sides so it was snug that was to separate the younger from the older

Attachments

• 2A88BF2B-742F-4CF9-8A80-2B5B0B48D180.png
    2A88BF2B-742F-4CF9-8A80-2B5B0B48D180.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
better picture. and these ducklings weren’t even that much size difference but the 2 were mallards and one of them was a drake and he was very crazy & rough on the 3 little runner ducklings so, i split them up

Attachments

• A7AD79DF-A124-4166-BFDD-4C6A2B1C1C0A.png
    A7AD79DF-A124-4166-BFDD-4C6A2B1C1C0A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom