Will my ducklings choke

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
Hey so I have three ducklings. I started out with five and two died. I think they might have choked. I took the food away and now I’m only letting them eat when I am there to watch they have access to water the whole time though. Am I being overdramatic when my ducklings choke? They’re call ducklings so they’re very tiny. I’m really worried about them and do not want any more of my ducklings to die.

Help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 13
My AutoCorrect accidentally changed will to when. I usually don’t fix auto correct but this one seemed kind of important. I meant to say “am I being overdramatic, WILL my duckling choke?”

Hey so I have three ducklings. I started out with five and two died. I think they might have choked. I took the food away and now I’m only letting them eat when I am there to watch they have access to water the whole time though. Am I being overdramatic when my ducklings choke? They’re call ducklings so they’re very tiny. I’m really worried about them and do not want any more of my ducklings to die.

Help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
Possible, but unlikely as long as you are feeding them a crumble. If you are feeding pellets the possibility is much higher.

Quail chicks absolutely will choke on standard game bird crumble. For them, we used to grind the food up, but now we just use water and turn it to a mash. We haven't lost one with either of these methods due to choking.

But - having two ducklings die is cause for concern. Anything else going on that you think may have caused it?

Possible, but unlikely as long as you are feeding them a crumble. If you are feeding pellets the possibility is much higher.

Quail chicks absolutely will choke on standard game bird crumble. For them, we used to grind the food up, but now we just use water and turn it to a mash. We haven't lost one with either of these methods due to choking.

But - having two ducklings die is cause for concern. Anything else going on that you think may have caused it?
I don’t know about anything else happening. But the ducklings are getting better at eating. I have been putting water in their food to make it easier to swallow. Thank you for replying!

Back
Top Bottom