Will my Pekin eggs survive???

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
I set 14 Pekin eggs 5 days ago in my incubator. I usually turn them by hand three times a day. I had to leave town for three days and although I made arrangements for somone to come and do at least one turn for me until I got back, that DID NOT HAPPEN!!!! I am on my way home and wonder if I should even continue incubating them.

I don't want to hurt potential duck development and also feel very concerned about them being dead already. I am sooooooooo frustrated
hit.gif

I set 14 Pekin eggs 5 days ago in my incubator. I usually turn them by hand three times a day. I had to leave town for three days and although I made arrangements for somone to come and do at least one turn for me until I got back, that DID NOT HAPPEN!!!! I am on my way home and wonder if I should even continue incubating them.

I don't want to hurt potential duck development and also feel very concerned about them being dead already. I am sooooooooo frustrated
hit.gif
I'd wait till you get home, candle then decide. Sorry this has happened but hopefully all is not lost.
fl.gif

I think they should be okay, but candle like Miss Lydia said. I have a turner for my incubator and the plug got knocked out and I didn't see it for 2 days. Those little suckers are currently running around in the yard and eating me out of house and home. The reason you keep turning the eggs is to keep the baby from 'sticking' to one spot in the egg. Even if this were to happen, if you watch and candle when it comes time to hatch, you could always help if you find one having difficulty. I've had one do this out of 16 hatchings and he is alive and well. My 2 cents.

Let us know.
fl.gif
Well, there were 14 eggs and I had to throw away 10
sad.png

I think not turning them was not the only reason though. Some of them looked unfertilized and some very watery and weird (those probably just died). Out of the remaining 4, I discarded another dead one a couple days later and the remaining "3 amigos" seem to be doing really well so far.

I added some chicken eggs on day 7 not to feel I had too much of an empty incubator
hmm.png

Thanks all for your support

Well, there were 14 eggs and I had to throw away 10
sad.png

I think not turning them was not the only reason though. Some of them looked unfertilized and some very watery and weird (those probably just died). Out of the remaining 4, I discarded another dead one a couple days later and the remaining "3 amigos" seem to be doing really well so far.

I added some chicken eggs on day 7 not to feel I had too much of an empty incubator
hmm.png

Thanks all for your support
So when is hatch day?

Back
Top Bottom