Will peafowl eggs fit in egg turner?

chckndaddy

Songster
6 Years
Apr 4, 2017
I'm planning on attempting to incubate some peahen eggs and was wondering if they'd fit in my current egg turner. I have a 15 chicken egg turner. I'm thinking it'll be too small but I just wanted to see what y'all thought. If they di fit another question would be if I could put them in at a mostly vertical angle like some websites say to. Thanks ahead of time to all that can help!

I'm planning on attempting to incubate some peahen eggs and was wondering if they'd fit in my current egg turner. I have a 15 chicken egg turner. I'm thinking it'll be too small but I just wanted to see what y'all thought. If they di fit another question would be if I could put them in at a mostly vertical angle like some websites say to. Thanks ahead of time to all that can help!
Peafowl eggs are about the same size as turkey eggs which fit fine in the same trays that I use for my chicken eggs. Of course my trays are in an auto turner in a cabinet incubator. If you have extra large eggs or jumbo chicken eggs that fit in your turner, the peafowl eggs will also likely fit.

Did you have any success with this? I have 4 peafowl eggs that I need to incubate because my hen is no longer broody. Did this work out for you OK?

I ended up not incubating any peafowl eggs after all so I'm not sure if it'll work. All though, I did notice after some more examination of the egg turner that it has 4 small holes around each spot for the eggs. I think these are meant for putting pegs through so you can hold bigger eggs in the turner. I don't know if your turner has these but if it does I'd give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom