will the bird boomers scare my flock?

Zigapor

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
ON
we have farmers nearby who have bird boomers to protect their crops... do you think the bangs will scare my birds at all? is there a way to get them used to the sounds? They are rather LOUD! (i don't mind them, rather have safe crops than no crops)

I doubt it. Once they hear a sound enough they get used to it. They even walk up to me on a running riding mower, and pay no attention to the sound of my circular saw running at all.

I googled bird boomer cause I didn't know what it was. What are they? My birds got used to dove season very fast with all the gun shots and they don't run for their lives every time a dog barks or a door slams rather loudly so I think they may get use to it.

bird boomers are air cannons that fire to scare off birds who feed on crops... during peek season they can go off evrey three minutes, three shots at a time

bird boomers are air cannons that fire to scare off birds who feed on crops... during peek season they can go off evrey three minutes, three shots at a time
3 every 3 min wow that must cost a fortune in bangers

yes they will get used to it

its like horses and other animals

country horses never get used to cars driving past and drivers slow down for riders

but on-road work horses get used to it and travel the roads along side cars as well as horse and carriages

Last edited:
ok thats good to know. The bangers stop over the winter months (no crops up here from october to june)... we planned on getting chicks in the spring, so there will be no bangers for a few months... how to I get the used to the sounds when they start up again? Just leave them be and get them accustomed on their own?

and yeah, I have no idea how much they cost, but I assume it's better than losing an entire crop to the birds!!!

Back
Top Bottom