Will the chicks have muffs?

Isabella6Storm4

Free Ranging
Oct 4, 2022
Ardonia
I didnt know what forum to post this in but this one seemed right.

I finally have a broody that committed to one nest so i took some of the brown eggs out and put a Sumatra egg under her and some Ameraucana and Olive Egger eggs under her. My question is, will the resulting chicks keep the muffs and in the Olive Eggers case, the feathered feet? My rooster is an Australorp-Lavender Orpington mix. His father was the LO and his mom the Lorp. He's completely black so that seems to be the dominant gene. Everyone else is a pure bred.

I didnt know what forum to post this in but this one seemed right.

I finally have a broody that committed to one nest so i took some of the brown eggs out and put a Sumatra egg under her and some Ameraucana and Olive Egger eggs under her. My question is, will the resulting chicks keep the muffs and in the Olive Eggers case, the feathered feet? My rooster is an Australorp-Lavender Orpington mix. His father was the LO and his mom the Lorp. He's completely black so that seems to be the dominant gene. Everyone else is a pure bred.
Depends on what the cross is for the olive egger. There are plenty of olive eggers that wouldn't have muffs or feathered legs. The Ameraucana crosses should still have muffs and will have heterozygous pea combs.

Some of the chicks will carry lavender because the dad carries lavender

Depends on what the cross is for the olive egger. There are plenty of olive eggers that wouldn't have muffs or feathered legs. The Ameraucana crosses should still have muffs and will have heterozygous pea combs.

Some of the chicks will carry lavender because the dad carries lavender
Thank you!

idk what the cross is for the olive egger. Here's the best picture i have of her. What would you guess? idk if thats even helpful:confused:
Like i said, she has feathered feet too.
IMG_6886.jpg

Thank you!

idk what the cross is for the olive egger. Here's the best picture i have of her. What would you guess? idk if thats even helpful:confused:
Like i said, she has feathered feet too.
View attachment 3527686
If they're not first generation eggs, then they'll be just a cross of the olive hen and the male. So half feather legged and half muffled is likely. Some with heterozygous pea combs and some with straight combs

Back
Top Bottom