Will this be safe?

I've known many people who had chickens and quail at the same time at their house (segregated), and they experienced no issues.
Mostly what chickens pick up in terms of diseases are found in yards where they have access directly to the dirt.

If both species are separate and living indoors, the risk is incredibly minimal.

I've known many people who had chickens and quail at the same time at their house (segregated), and they experienced no issues.
Mostly what chickens pick up in terms of diseases are found in yards where they have access directly to the dirt.

If both species are separate and living indoors, the risk is incredibly minimal.
Coryza is the most highly contagious bacterial infection that chickens can carry that will kill quail. It is an acute respiratory disease that is carried airborne thru droplets sneezed into the air. (It can also be spread thru drinking water) So as you say, "If both species are separate and living indoors, etc..." there is GREAT possibility that your chickens can spread disease to your quail thru the air alone. Chickens do not have to have ANY outward signs or symptoms of Coryza to be carriers of it.

Last edited:
Thank you. Would I be able to have ducks and quail in the rv together? They would of course be in seperate areas, but is there diseases that ducks transfer to quail or vic versa?

All birds can carry bacteria and virus's that they can transmit between the species. I am not 100% sure about waterfowl in particular, however for the most part, there are no highly contagious bacteria's or virus's that would travel between ducks and quail via the air.

However, your hands and feet can carry all minor bacteria's and virus's between your ducks and quail. Along with water and feed dishes. So if you practiced good bio security, washing your hands and if need be, changing your clothes, not sharing feed and water fonts, I believe you could keep both of these fowl in close quarters.

Back
Top Bottom