Wing Injury?

Skibum

Songster
May 6, 2022
Noticed three days ago that my hen was acting off. Standing or laying instead of normal chicken shenanigans. I thought she looked off balance so I’ve been directly dosing her with Poultry Cell and feeding her eggs inside each day. She no longer looks as wobbly. Right wing is in a down position which I thought she was using to balance but now I think may be injured. I feel a bump near where it connected to the body. It’s hard to compare to her other wing because she irritated with me messing with it. She doesn’t seem to be eating or drinking much on her own. First day noticing her weight was good but she’s slowly losing weight I fear.

I do plan to catch another hen and examine their structure to see if I can get a better idea on what feels right.

Looking for advice on how to tape if that’s what’s recommended. And any other words of wisdom. Comb fairly red. Eyes look fairly pained somehow but maybe I’m reading I to things
EFB10952-D00D-4D94-8135-B4F38C2A2C59.jpeg

Well I tried. I had to redo it a few times to make sure she would stand. Now to figure out how to keep her in the coop but isolated. Of course I have neighbors watching the chickens for two days while I go on a work trip. The usual kennel I use is under a few feet of snow. Either dog that out and dry it out or fashion something new. Sometimes I hate living in snow country.
35D5EF9F-3EF5-4FCD-B63A-44F9D421DB70.jpeg
36B11D54-836A-4243-B74D-31436C9BA2D9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom