Winter Gardens/ Greenhouse!

ahhh. so sad!
Ugh I know! It gets so warm in there during the day then plummets at night. Sometimes I hate Wyoming!
I water mine once every evening.
I wonder if they just do much better directly sowed in the ground. I’ll plant some directly in the ground in a few weeks and be able to compare the outcome.

Ugh I know! It gets so warm in there during the day then plummets at night. Sometimes I hate Wyoming!

I wonder if they just do much better directly sowed in the ground. I’ll plant some directly in the ground in a few weeks and be able to compare the outcome.
yes! directly in the ground they come up stronger! they are hardy and even grew thru winter here which was about 30F or lower.

with those temps you should have some luck. Maybe make a wood border around the area where you are going to plant them and keep a frost blanket doubled maybe on them during the night until they sprout. Just to keep it warm.

with those temps you should have some luck. Maybe make a wood border around the area where you are going to plant them and keep a frost blanket doubled maybe on them during the night until they sprout. Just to keep it warm.
Thank you! I’ll see what I can come up with this weekend. We have to do a little bit of work to devise a way to keep the chickens out anyways, so a little border is in line with that.

Back
Top Bottom