Winter Gardens/ Greenhouse!

Ah dang it for the cauliflower. I think I’d still try if it were just a few leaves. Last year I had quite a few leaves get destroyed on my cauliflower by some hail and I just chopped them off and it eventually recovered and kept growing. It would’ve done well had it not gotten infested with cabbage months, at which point I just let the girls eat it.
Will do it. It was about 2-3 leaves that broke.

Maybe this group would have some opinions about my second greenhouse.

20240427_114236.jpg

This greenhouse is going to be more of a sprout house--no ground contact, it's built on top of an existing deck.

The house is to the East and there's a big tree to the West, so during the winter it will get full sun about half day, and in summer dappled shade most of the day.

I have finished the panels on the South. I have two panels left, which I want to use for the ends.

I could use those panels for the North side and buy new panels for the ends, or I could use some leftover vinyl siding that was in the barn when I bought the property.

Any thoughts? I think the vinyl siding might be a better insulator, it's free, but it will create a full sight barrier, which I'm not enthused about.

Maybe this group would have some opinions about my second greenhouse.

View attachment 3816013

This greenhouse is going to be more of a sprout house--no ground contact, it's built on top of an existing deck.

The house is to the East and there's a big tree to the West, so during the winter it will get full sun about half day, and in summer dappled shade most of the day.

I have finished the panels on the South. I have two panels left, which I want to use for the ends.

I could use those panels for the North side and buy new panels for the ends, or I could use some leftover vinyl siding that was in the barn when I bought the property.

Any thoughts? I think the vinyl siding might be a better insulator, it's free, but it will create a full sight barrier, which I'm not enthused about.
looks great to me! I wanna build one now😅😂

3 cattle panels, overlapped for a 12 ft total length. Zip ties hold the panels together.

20240429_161627.jpg

When I bought this place I discovered I needed a railing for safety between the door and the stairs, but the railing blocked off part of the deck and made it essentially unusable. 7 feet wide, 12 feet long, perfect. It will serve the additional purpose of blocking the north wind.

The panels are bent between the railing and the deck rail, no other securing necessary.

Back
Top Bottom