Wobbly chick

Bfischer515

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2022
I got this girl last Thursday. Monday I noticed her not standing or balancing normal. By Wednesday it had gotten pretty bad to where she wasn’t standing much. She’s had vitamins, electrolyte water and been braced with a hairtie and straw(splay leg assumption) since then. I don’t see any improvement. She is still eating and drinking. She can walk a little sometime but uses her wing to help. When she lays down she sometimes kind of rolls onto her side. I’m at a loss and don’t know what else to try.

Attachments

• IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5904.jpeg
    IMG_5904.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 2
Are you giving her a vitamin with riboflavin (B2?) Human B complex 1/4 tablet crushed given orally with some food or a little water, Poultry Cell, and some chick vitamins may have it. CN you try putting her into a smallish wine glass or padded cup so that she can build up her leg muscles and balance. At her age now, she really needs to be fed and watered. A chicken sling chair might be good for periods to get her well nourished. Here are some examples:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

Are you giving her a vitamin with riboflavin (B2?) Human B complex 1/4 tablet crushed given orally with some food or a little water, Poultry Cell, and some chick vitamins may have it. CN you try putting her into a smallish wine glass or padded cup so that she can build up her leg muscles and balance. At her age now, she really needs to be fed and watered. A chicken sling chair might be good for periods to get her well nourished.
She has been getting poultry cell

I’ve tried to glass but it hasn’t worked so well so far. She works her way out.

She has been getting poultry cell

I’ve tried to glass but it hasn’t worked so well so far. She works her way out.
I put her in a sock and in a mason jar so she could just kind of hang out without the pressure.
She seems to be ok other than this issue

Back
Top Bottom