Won’t go in their nice coop?

motorboy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
River Falls, WI
They are 3 months old and they won’t go in their coop at night. When the meat birds were with them they would all go in when it got dark. Now they started sitting on the fence rail and going to sleep, so I had to carry them into the coop every night. I removed the fence rail and raised their coop perch up to the window. So last night I didn’t see them so I went to shut the coop door and only one was in there the other 3 were in the freaking tree. I could barely reach the Silver Leghorn Roo. I could just let them stay out there, but we have raccoons, coyote, and etc.

They also prefer to sleep huddled together in the corner of the coop on the floor rather than on a roost.

lock them in there for a day or so as long as it is well ventilated or has a fan.

they'll get the picture.

sometimes, they just have to learn what home is.

Mine wouldn't go into the coup at night either, so I started to give them a little bit of their treats at night and when they went into the coup for their treats I would close their door. Now they go in every night by themselves and I leave their door open.
yippiechickie.gif

You leave their coop door open at night? Is it fully fenced outside of the door? I have some fencing, but no top. I have seen the raccoons snooping around the coop at night and I know they would get in if it wasn’t very secure.

Back
Top Bottom