Won't stop brooding

Should the fact that we are six weeks in, rather than just starting, change my approach any? Is she more likely set in her ways? More likely ready to give us this nonesense?

Should the fact that we are six weeks in, rather than just starting, change my approach any?  Is she more likely set in her ways?  More likely ready to give us this nonesense?

This last go 'round with Myrtle we didn't get her in the box until nearly a couple of weeks in. We had tried a small tractor coop we held onto when we built our permanent coop and run. We didn't have any bedding in the tractor coop and couldn't really nest except on hard ground. That works with some of our girls. She kept going back to the nest. I'd recommend trying a crate or some such to get her broken sooner rather than later.

Usually they are beginning to wonder why they are doing this, that's why I would start with not allowing her to sit in that spot, that may be enough, the ice cubes, and dunking in water do not work, most will break if not allowed in the same space, others must be kept from sitting tight and heating up.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I've got some things to try this week and we'll see how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom