Woo 1st Egg!!

TexMum

Chirping
May 26, 2023
N Texas
1st time chicken mom and we were surprised to get our 1st 2 eggs today!! The flock is around 19ish weeks and it’s hotter than the devil’s butt crack outside (N. Texas), so I just assumed they may be delayed but here we are! I was so worried they were gonna lay their 1st when we were on vacation in 2 weeks too. Glad they decided not to! 😍
I think I know who it was just based on the activity I’ve seen with 2 of my blue stars and our cockerel. Nevertheless, we are so excited and proud, can’t believe the free loaders are finally paying in! 😜 Now to try and get them to lay in the nesting boxes 😆
B848D668-003C-43FB-B976-9367E9AFED59.jpeg

1st time chicken mom and we were surprised to get our 1st 2 eggs today!! The flock is around 19ish weeks and it’s hotter than the devil’s butt crack outside (N. Texas), so I just assumed they may be delayed but here we are! I was so worried they were gonna lay their 1st when we were on vacation in 2 weeks too. Glad they decided not to! 😍
I think I know who it was just based on the activity I’ve seen with 2 of my blue stars and our cockerel. Nevertheless, we are so excited and proud, can’t believe the free loaders are finally paying in! 😜 Now to try and get them to lay in the nesting boxes 😆View attachment 3601754
Thats great! Now the freeloaders are paying a little rent . Love it!

This had me rolling! I can relate, Central Texas.
It’s insanely hot! Especially in the coop! It’s easily over 100° in there even with a fan but they don’t seem to mind 🤷🏽‍♀️ they’ve barely been panting this whole time, so I’m glad my flock have adjusted nicely to the outdoor oven that is a Texas summer 😜

It’s insanely hot! Especially in the coop! It’s easily over 100° in there even with a fan but they don’t seem to mind 🤷🏽‍♀️ they’ve barely been panting this whole time, so I’m glad my flock have adjusted nicely to the outdoor oven that is a Texas summer 😜
Same here. I'm hoping to see the light at the end of this burnt tunnel soon!

Additional vitamin C in drinking water helps a lot through hot weather.

Back
Top Bottom