Woods Fresh Air Poultry House

I like it! Could you give the dimensions, please? It looks smaller than the 8' x 12' given as a minimum in Woods' book. I would like to go a little smaller and wondering if you did.

Wow! I love everything about it!
droolin.gif
The nest boxes and roosts too. The design seems so smart. It looks like it would work very well down here in the extreme heat as well. Thank you for posting.

I like it! Could you give the dimensions, please? It looks smaller than the 8' x 12' given as a minimum in Woods' book. I would like to go a little smaller and wondering if you did.

I originally laid out a plan to build it 8' x 14', but I stretched it a bit so I wouldn't have to split any of the boards that make up the walls. I didn't want the battens to look bunched up near a corner. So, after a lot of thought and beer the final dimensions ended up as 8' 9" x 14' 6".

Hey Jeff8482 - I was searching the internet for "fresh air" coops and it lead me to this post of your coop. I am also in VA and am currently still researching all things chicken. :) I am particularly interested in the type of coop you built. How have you liked it since you finished it last year? Did it hold up well with all that crazy snow we had this winter? Was the entire coop built mostly from industrial size pallets and if so, what direction could I look in to find some similar product? I'm on a REALLY tight (read; non-existent at the moment) budget, lol. Thanks!

Last edited:
Love your coop and the inside how you kept it ala natural with the deep litter and tree branch roosts. Would love to have a Woods coop one day. Thanks for sharing.

I am very interested in this type of coop. Unfortunately I would not be able to build it in the space that I have. I would not be able to make it as deep as it needs to be to function correctly. But I think it is a great design and more people should consider it.

Thanks for those links! Since I am not an affiliate member, I just screen shot a few of the plans that were close to the size I'd like to eventually build and saved them to my computer. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom