Woods Fresh Air Poultry House

You've done a wonderful job on your new Woods Coop! We just recently lost all our chickens and coop to what I believe was an electrical fire in the early morning hours.
I assume it was from a mouse chewing on romex wiring.

Our new design will be the 6 x 10 version of the Woods design (back lot). Yesterday I got the floor structure constructed and all the side walls. Time to get started on roof framing, siding, then move it to it's new location.

Thanks again for the wonderful photos, both inside and out. They gave me lots of ideas!

Jeff in Iowa

We just recently lost all our chickens and coop to what I believe was an electrical fire in the early morning hours.
I assume it was from a mouse chewing on romex wiring.

Sorry for your loss, that must have been horrible.

Good luck with the new coop. I look forward to the pictures.

Love these coops! My coop and barn wiring is all in plastic conduit, easier to work with than the metal, and has been rodent proof. Chicken math is a force of nature around here, and the trick is to get the flock down to winter coop levels by late fall. Mary

Thank you for the pictures, i so enjoyed them and was wondering if i could move in soon. I dont qualify as poultry, but i dont take up much room.
1f606.png

Looks awesome !

Hi,
Does anyne know hwo to downsize a woods coop from te 10 x 16 original size to asmaller size like 10x14 or so that still make the physics of the ventelatiion work? I need 150 or smaller because I have limit of 150 sq. ft. or I need a building permit.
Thanks,
Karen in western PA.USA

Back
Top Bottom