Worm Prevention and Treatment?

Chickens won't eat onions or garlic if they have a choice so that's not something to worry about. It's normal for comb and skin color to change from day to day or minute to minute. Combs shrink and get pale in the winter because they aren't laying as much or at all.
Have you checked their crops? What's their diet?
I feed them the Dumor 16% Layer Crumble. On Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays they’ll get a banana and a whole plum tomato split between the four of them- and then they’ll eat whatever bugs they find in the yard.
How would I check their crops?

W

What is appropriate to keep chickens parasite free?
All chickens will have some worms, the problem starts when they overwhelm the birds system. It's best not to treat unless you can confirm a high level of worms from a fecal float or checking droppings or if you live in wet climate, where wirms ate prevelant, you can worm once a year if you see issues

I feed them the Dumor 16% Layer Crumble. On Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays they’ll get a banana and a whole plum tomato split between the four of them- and then they’ll eat whatever bugs they find in the yard.
How would I check their crops?
If you could get a higher protein feed, that would be good, I use game bird layer, it's only 3 or 4 dollars more than the dumor and since it's higher protein, they eat less of it. You can feel their crops at night when they roost, you want feeling like a bag of rice not doughy or waterballoony.

If you could get a higher protein feed, that would be good, I use game bird layer, it's only 3 or 4 dollars more than the dumor and since it's higher protein, they eat less of it. You can feel their crops at night when they roost, you want feeling like a bag of rice not doughy or waterballoony.
Okay, thanks!!

Best practice for switching feed?

Back
Top Bottom