worming question

bambi

Songster
12 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Mo.
Good day to all.... I have a question about worming medication. I think my ladies may have worms because of the fact they seem to be underweight and I have noticed traces of stool around their bottoms. They are 6 months old and they are a total free ranger with the supplement of layer pellets
They eat very little layer pellets so I am thinking worms. I thought I would try walzene but after seeing the price $69 to $80 :eek:that is not something I want to spend especially if worms are not a problem. Any advice?

You can have a fecal float done by a vet, which tests for worms.

You can get Safeguard (fenbendazole) paste at Tractor Supply for around $10. It doesn't work on tapeworms so it helps to know what kind of worms they have.

Hi there! If you can, put a bunch of poop in a zip lock bag, stir well, and have a vet test it for worms. If you don't want to do that, do one of these:
  • Safeguard liquid for goats and give each bird 0.23 ml per pound of bodyweight for five consecutive days.
  • Valbazen for cattle. Give 0.08 ml per pound of bodyweight once and repeat in 10 days.
Bang for the buck, Valbazen is it.

Back
Top Bottom