Worms After Safeguard Treatment?

CluckinUP

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
This morning, I noticed the following, which I think is roundworms. Every morning, I clean out the coop, I haven't noticed an uptick of diarrhea (maybe two incidents?) with the ladies, mostly firm fecal droppings.The flock ranges in age from 4-2 years old. I have noticed one of my eggers kinda hunched but seems to bound out of the coop the last couple of mornings. We've had severe storms so thought she was sensitive to the forthcoming storms. Egg laying Early March, I sent in a fecal sample to the state poultry lab, which diagnosed small amount of capillaria worms. Treated flock with Safeguard paste, last round of treatment two weeks ago. Seeking advice to see if my hunch is correct, that it is roundworms.
thumbnail_IMG_5865.jpg

That's shed intestinal lining. Since you've dealt with capillary worms, I recommend redosing with the safeguard paste x 5 days total. That's what it'll take to rid your birds from capillary worms. Capillary worms can cause sloughing of intestinal lining.
OR, you can dose your birds with Valbazen. Dosage is 1/2ml given orally to each chicken and redose again in 10 days.

That's shed intestinal lining. Since you've dealt with capillary worms, I recommend redosing with the safeguard paste x 5 days total. That's what it'll take to rid your birds from capillary worms. Capillary worms can cause sloughing of intestinal lining.
OR, you can dose your birds with Valbazen. Dosage is 1/2ml given orally to each chicken and redose again in 10 days.
So another round of Safeguard which will make three rounds of treatment since March 5. Is that common?

Back
Top Bottom