Worms! Again?

Dawnclucks22

Crowing
May 28, 2017
Naboo
Hi everyone. Today I was in my coop when I noticed some poop with worms in it. They’re very white, with distinct heads and what looks to be possible eyespots, though it’s hard to see. I just wormed my birds about a month before this, doing 2 rounds as directed on the bottle. The kind that I use are red capsules.
My guess is that out of my 10 birds in this coop is that it’s either my Barred Rock or one of my Australorps. It was quite a large specimen and I know it definitely wasn’t any of the three bantams. I have a video of them squirming around if that helps with identification. I will post it as soon as I can get on my computer because I’m on mobile now.
Is the best approach to this just to worm all over again? We use lots of eggs and the egg withdrawal is a serious bummer, but I don’t want this to continue either.
Thanks for sticking with me on this!

Last edited:
What exactly did you use to deworm them with?

I am going to guess you did not use the right medicine.
Those are tapeworms.

You need to get this:
Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 8.42.45 PM.png

Most feed stores carry it. (In the US)

Equimax paste dosage is 0.03ml per pound or 0.15ml for a 5 pound chicken. Repeat dosing in 10 days.
There's no need to dose all your birds, only the ones showing tapeworm segments in feces.

Back
Top Bottom