worms?

mamav

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 19, 2013
I have 8 birds of 4 different breeds. Of those 8 only my 2 buffs seem to be affected. They have a ring of bare skin around their necks and I don't know if their poo is watery or not. It's loose but not any worse than I've ever seen. I'm worried. And if it's worms we don't have a vet anywhere around that takes care of chickens. SO what do I do if it is worms. How can I treat them?

welcome-byc.gif

De-worm with Safeguard/Panacur, liquid or paste (fenbendazole) or Valbazen (albendazole) by mouth and repeat in ten days. You should also dust for mites/lice with poultry dust.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I already use DE in their coop and run, Today I put a nesting box aside and put DE in it for them to give themselves dust baths. I will buy the RX you mentioned. Thank you.

Ok...I've seen that at our local Tractor Supply store. Again, thank you , very helpful. I also read about 2 natural methods. 12 cloves of garlic overnight in 1 cup of water. Add to 8 gallon waterer. Or 2% apple cider vinegar to their water.

Ok...I've seen that at our local Tractor Supply store. Again, thank you , very helpful. I also read about 2 natural methods. 12 cloves of garlic overnight in 1 cup of water. Add to 8 gallon waterer. Or 2% apple cider vinegar to their water.
If your birds have worms, your natural methods ie...12 cloves of garlic and ACV will fail you and your birds. I recommend that you follow Casportpony's advice.

Back
Top Bottom