worn pads vs bumblefoot

hdbrat84

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 9, 2014
North Carolina
I have a buff orpington that has a worn spot on both of her pads, she is 6.5 months old is a free ranger and isn't limping or favoring her feet in any way. I have read that any spot on the foot is bad. Twice a day I spray the bottom of her feet with Veterycin. I have seen ample pictures of bumble foot and her feet don't look like they have an actual scab its looks like the skin is thinner on the bottoms of her feet. Is that bumble foot? I have smaller breeds and they are fine I am thinking that maybe she is just bigger and heavier and when she goes down the ramps she wears the bottoms more??? I don't know this is the first flock I have had, is this possible?? Can pads get worn???

Does not sound like bumblefoot. Perhaps you can upload a photo. There may be a minimum number of posts before you can do that, though….

So she's not limping and otherwise seems fine?

She seems fine @Amiga . She runs fine and goes up and down the ramps good. I check it daily and its not getting bigger and it isn't swollen. I took this picture this morning her feet are dirty it may be hard to see she HATES getting her feet wet lol miss priss its just about impoosible for me to soak this ones feet.

It looks like pictures I have seen of bumblefoot but its smooth and doesn't seem like its a scab.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom