Would anyone else feel weird about ....

unionwirewoman

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Kalispell , MT
I got a call on my cell phone at work this morning from a gal at the labor relations board . She said that they were making a calendar of "women in the trade" . I really didn't want to do it but she kinda guilted me into it by saying that "women work hard to get where they are , having someone who is in the union would bring recognition to it , and it would bring recognition to the employer who I am currently working for . " So like the idiot I am I said OK . Turns out that she wanted to take pictures that day at 11:00am . So I spent 45 minutes with this photographer telling me how to wear my tool belt , how to position my face etc. !!!!!!!!!!!! All the while , my foreman is laughing at me and all I can do is roll my eyes . I thought it would be a 10 minute thing , take a couple of pictures , then I could get back to my work . Does anyone else think that this is a little .... what's the word .... foo foo ? "Here I am little miss pretty with my tool bag , faking a pose , saying hello ." Why oh Why did I agree to this !!!!
he.gif

The embarrassing part is over now. It’s ok to be “girly” every now and then. It show both of our sides. You’ll have to post the pics when they come out!!
smile.png

You go girl! Maybe you'll be the new Miss January!! Just hope you're wearing more than your tool belt and a smile, haha!! Just kiddding, sounds like fun and a good way to promote women in traditionally male roles, you did a good thing for young girls...just hope you smiled big, lol!!

Good on you, no never feel ashamed of being a photographed chick!
Been there done that years ago! no not nudies.
Yes its good to be fru fru sometimes and muddy the other times.
How many shots did he take, in the old days they used rolls of film and I used to get in trouble for acting up and wasting film. But now I guess they have digitals and they can hit the delete button!!Did he use some lighting?
I hope you enjoy the pics and yes please show us too!!

You are WAY braver than me! I would have said NO THANKS, and hung up.

That said, I'm glad that you agreed to do it!

And.. as in all glamourous photoshoots... they aren't interested in the dirty reality. They want beautiful and capable
wink.png

But yeah, I'd feel weird. Especially if my (male) co-workers were all laughing at me!

Can't wait to see those pics!

Meghan

YOU GO GIRL. But you must let us know how to get ahold of one.......BE PROUD, dont think I could have done it.........a friend of mine and I were going to do a "bubba"calendar once,,,,,couldn't get enough workin men to say yes...so good for you.

Back
Top Bottom