Would you eat

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
an egg that you found at the night time feeding after probably being laid this morning??? I am still not quite sure what the rules are when it comes to eggs.

Thanks!

I would eat it it without much concern. So long as it looks all right when it is cracked open.
x2
smile.png

I have eaten a number of eggs that sat out for a day. If it were cracked or punctured, no. But duck eggs seem to keep quite well for quite a while at my place, so a day, even a warm day, I would not worry.

A habit I have, because sometimes odd little globs show up in the eggs, is to crack the egg into a glass or pyrex dish (like a custard cup) and have a look-see and a sniff before dropping it into the pan or the batter. That catches pieces of eggshell, too.

I look at it this way; it takes about a month for an egg to hatch. Even with being kept warm by a bird whose body temperature is 100° plus they don't go bad. A day or two isn't going to hurt them.

P.S. That rule has got me to about 6 months shy of 70 years of age.
old.gif

fixed spelling

Last edited:
I look at it this way; it takes about a month for an egg to hatch. Even with being kept warm by a bird whose body temperature is 100° plus the don't go bad. A day or two isn't going to hurt them.

P.S. That rule has got me to about 6 months shy of 70 years of age. :old

Good way to go about it!

And, happy birthday about 6 months early.

Back
Top Bottom