Wounded chick?

blueeyeddemon

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Bay City, Texas
I was cleaning some feces off of one of my birds and I noticed something on her rear end. It's probably nothing but I wanted to make sure, just in case. I've attached a picture below for reference.

20180515_175954.jpg

Should I be worried? I put some peroxide on it to prevent infection. She's acting normally: eating, drinking, walking around, etc..

Thats a pretty good starter, what is the % of protein? Do u notice her getting picked on alot? Or any?
Right now i would spray the area with Vetericyn or coat in bluekote to prevent anymore picking, plus theyre medicated.
How old are they?whats youre brooder size?sorry about the questions, if i dont know the answer someone will and will ask the same

I checked the bag and it said 18% protein. I haven't noticed either of them picking at the other. Both of them are maybe a week old. And since I only have 2, I have them in a 24"x16" Rubbermaid storage box.

If things dont improve, up the protein if you can. Mashed boiled eggs are excellent but then you need to offer chick grit
Seems like enough room for now, at 2 weeks they will need 2 sq ft apiece, and the space required grows as they grow.
Maybe theyre bored? Have you tried any boredom busters? Theres a great topic of the week labeled busting boredom out of the brooder

Back
Top Bottom