Wounds

glockner10

Hatching
May 10, 2024
We got six baby ducks, they are approximately 4 1/2 weeks old. Now getting their adult feathers. When I came home from work today, one of the ducks has wounds underneath its wings. How should we treat? Help!

Attachments

• IMG_8169.jpeg
    IMG_8169.jpeg
    726.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8168.jpeg
    IMG_8168.jpeg
    766.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8171.jpeg
    IMG_8171.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 8
:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Are they superficial/skin wounds or puncture wounds? Is it possible that other ducklings have been nibbling at it? I would separate it with a see through barrier and apply antibiotic ointment to the wounds if they are superficial.

Do you have any Veterycin or other type of wound care? Any idea what happened?
No but we can get some. It started as a very small (smaller than a dime) area. I thought it was irritated from the large wing feathers coming in…. And now this.

:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Are they superficial/skin wounds or puncture wounds? Is it possible that other ducklings have been nibbling at it? I would separate it with a see through barrier and apply antibiotic ointment to the wounds if they are superficial.
More Superficial. The duck itself keeps nibbling at the wounds.

i would bring her inside and fill the tub lukwarm water and a little epsom salt, let her clean up,then after she preens, spray vetericyn and or apply antibiotic ointment without pain relief. keep her separate fromthe others but where she can see them until she heals up.

Back
Top Bottom