WOW! You people are...

AnimalGeek23

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 10, 2018
New York State
So, I've been reading the articles lately and I just wanna say.... WOW!! :eek:
You guys are all so CREATIVE with your coops!! They look awesome! :celebrate
I personally canNOT build a coop by myself, or even with help. I would just give up and grow frustrated....:barnie
It's amazing, really! So that's why I am buying a coop. *Sigh*
(I was SUPER amazed! Like,, EYE POPPING AMAZED at how you all build awesome coops!!:th)
:DSee ya!

So, I've been reading the articles lately and I just wanna say.... WOW!! :eek:
You guys are all so CREATIVE with your coops!! They look awesome! :celebrate
I personally canNOT build a coop by myself, or even with help. I would just give up and grow frustrated....:barnie
It's amazing, really! So that's why I am buying a coop. *Sigh*
(I was SUPER amazed! Like,, EYE POPPING AMAZED at how you all build awesome coops!!:th)
:DSee ya!

Someone else had posted about their “Wood’s Coop” (a particular design developed for cold weather areas) that they had built by a contractor type. They mentioned they ended up hiring someone to build it for them as they priced out materials at retail and determined a material price if they built it themselves. Then they shopped around for getting it built and it was only slightly higher than the material cost. In part bc scraps and leftovers can be used by the contractor and the hired person might be able to get materials at contractor prices. Anyway, don’t be afraid to get some quotes.

FWIW, we asked the price of a coop at a feed store (small town), which was hand built by Amish. It was attractive and sturdy, walk-in style, on skids. Maybe 6x8 floor and it was $1600!!! We decided to build but we are certainly spending lots of time on the project, but are material cost is not $1600.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom