Writing rant

kargo

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
I had this totally insane dream the other day. Told one teacher that I'm very close to about it, and all the friends who were in it. Every one of them told me I needed to start writing a book series about it. Even said it could be the next Harry Potter.
roll.png
Wow. That's insane. They think I could write like someone who's had more experience than time I've lived (probably, anyhow.)?

Anyways, I finally decided to do it. I had most of the climax pictured in my head, so I wrote that down before I forgot it. It was a pretty nice idea of what I want to happen, so I just did. Now I've come to a bump in the road- I have to make a major plot decision before I can write anything else. My plan, I think, is to finish the climax and do the end, then go back and do the beginning and middle. I'm also going crazy not telling anyone about my plot, and trying really hard not to rush things. I get just as excited as readers. lol

Relax. Just start writing and see what comes out. Books are not written, they are rewritten, repeatedly.

You have the climax of your story. Great, work on it, and wonder about how your characters got to this point. Why are they the way they are? Why do they react the way they do?

Now just let you mind float along and write down the parts you like. Re-read them and see what you would like to change, remember, it's your story, there is no right or wrong.

Good luck and have fun!!

Back
Top Bottom