Wrong delivery route for eggs!!

novanod1966

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 17, 2012
western North Carolina
well, it was bound to happen. after getting 33 fragile hatching egg packages (ranging from quail/ pheasant to chicken/turkey eggs) without a mishap, the post office made a boo-boo. i live in a rural town. i had an order of speckled sussex eggs delivered to a house 20 miles from me (wrong mail route), totally different box numbers, wrong road name, etc... the lady of the house called and informed me that she had the package (all clearly marked with my name and address correct, but at her house). both of us were dumbfounded as to the mistake. she was in process of going out of town, so i hurriedly set up a meeting time to get the eggs. got the eggs home and found 4 broke with the rest drenched with egg and condensation.

i called the post office this morning to let them know of their mistake and they implied that the address must've been wrong on the box. i gave them the tracking # and they said that without the box they couldnt figure out as to why the mix-up occurred.
duhhhh!!!!! someone at the post office didnt do their job correctly or else the package would've been delivered at my house as normal. (oh did i mention that the package was delivered 3 hrs earlier in the day than what my mail runs)

then the P. O. tries to make me "feel bad" for calling and complaining.

sorry bout the "rant", just had to get it off my chest....:(

Back
Top Bottom