wrong temp(some what urgent)

5kfarms233

Chirping
Nov 8, 2022
it's around 30 days in for my first emu egg, and I just notice that the temp that was being displayed was wrong it was set to 97.5 but the real temp was around 94.4ish. It's losing the right amount of weight though; even with the real temp. Can I assume that this egg won't make it haven't seen any wiggles but with the temp, it's not really surprising? The ends of the egg are different temps though.

edit: Did some tests the bottom of the incubator is 94.1ish and the top/middle of the eggs is closer to 96. how bad for the eggs

Last edited:
Upadate:
Day 33 no wiggles yet. It Rolls more when I try and place it on one of its sides. One End is still warm/cooler then the other. So I think it's OK, but will have to wait and see if the low Temps effected it in anyways

Last edited:
Thought I would update you.

Day 35 no wiggle still a little worried but have read about people getting wiggles at day 41 or no wiggles and still hatching. Still won't stay on one side, the bottom and tops have different temps I'm pretty sure.

94.4 is pretty low for emu eggs. I would keep a thermometer next to where you have the emu egg in the incubator and check that in case the incubator temp isn't registering correctly.

I have heard of emu eggs not wiggling until the last couple days or so. I'd keep checking every couple of days for signs of life.

Back
Top Bottom