Wry neck in 7 week old buff orphington...Please help!

Streamable is pretty easy to use for video.

I've given crushed selenium tablets to chicks with neck issues before with some success. Regular human stuff from the drug store. A tiny bit on the tip of a tea spoon, for reference, for several days.

It is best to give the vitamins orally directly into the beak to swallow. Dosage of the B complex is 1/4 tablet daily. That one will crush easily and you can give it with a syringe in a little water or food. Your vitamin probably has thiamine, and that is okay. Just don’t give electrolytes for more than a few days. Those may cause some runny poops.

Can you tell me how much of each and for how long to give her? Did that video not show up?
This is ONLY B COMPLEX I can find! Others say only as cyconalibin. But this one says everything but thiamine!

Attachments

• 20240510_165430.jpg
    20240510_165430.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 2
Streamable is pretty easy to use for video.

I've given crushed selenium tablets to chicks with neck issues before with some success. Regular human stuff from the drug store. A tiny bit on the tip of a tea spoon, for reference, for several days.
A tiny bit of what?

This is ONLY B COMPLEX I can find! Others say only as cyconalibin. But this one says everything but thiamine!
B Complex tablets or super B complex have thiamine and all B’s. That tonic you have in the picture is not what I meant. I’ve never seen that before. There is plenty enough selenium in a bit of scrambled egg. Selenium helps in the uptake of vitamin E. The vitamin E softgels can be punctured and drawn up into a syringe or drawn up into a dropper.

It is best to give the vitamins orally directly into the beak to swallow. Dosage of the B complex is 1/4 tablet daily. That one will crush easily and you can give it with a syringe in a little water or food. Your vitamin probably has thiamine, and that is okay. Just don’t give electrolytes for more than a few days. Those may cause some runny poops.
It didn't have any thiamine.

Attachments

• 20240510_165430.jpg
    20240510_165430.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 1
Ok, is there a mg amount or what does it look like? Do you have a pic of what you have?
It's a standard pill from the drug store. Crush it and take a tiny amount of the powder on the tip of a knife or a tea spoon. If you have trouble with that or overdosing fear go with the eggs option others suggested.

Back
Top Bottom