Wry neck only at night?

My duck has wry neck he is a lot better with vitamins, but I think since it is a neurological disorder, probably more profound when tired. The one article says it is a long recovery process.

I went out to let mt chickens out one morning and one of my 5 month old ladies was on her side with her head twisted at an odd angle. At first I thought maybe it was wry neck, separated her from the other chickens started her on poly vi sol, vitamin E w/ selenium, gave electrolytes and high protein diet. After a day she was able to stand on her own and her head was almost normal (slight tilt to the side) but she goes into the weird neck/ head twist at night. Called the vet and he said that it sounds like an ear infection and gave me albon suspension (he said it may or may not work. She is almost normal during the day but still wonky at night It is going on 3 weeks. She is a sweet little girl and would prefer not to end her life but I have too many other animals to care for to have one with special needs. Any other suggestions as to what may be causing her to go into the wry neck only at night when she tries to sleep?
Same here!!! My 1 year old hen started head twist , falling over & cant walk good up ladder to nest 3 days ago. She is on rooster booster & vitamin E & SILINIEUM , day 2 alot better but the next morning & this am same crap. So I just leave her with flock. I make sure I see her eat and sometimes help her out of nest in am. When she is in small area its worse. In yard free range she has head normal & neck!! Its 2022.

Back
Top Bottom