Wry neck survivor with bulging eye

tanaschicks

In the Brooder
May 25, 2021
Hi all. I have a silky that showed signs of wry neck at 2/3 days old. I immediately looked it up, found a lot of info from this site about vitamin e and selenium and began giving it both of these. It cured it but then a week or so later, so it was about 2 weeks old at this point maybe, it happened again. I tried the vitamin e and selenium and it just didn’t seem to be helping as much as it did before. I got nutridrench and made a little mixture and after 4 or 5 days of giving this chick as much nutridrench as I could, I was almost ready to throw in the towel cause I didn’t know if I was helping and it needed help eating and drinking, but it started to show signs of improvement! Now after 2 days it holds its head up almost all the time and doesn’t need my help eating or drinking! I’m still giving it nutridrench a few times a day and will continue to do so. Couldn’t believe it!
Now my question is I notice it has a bulging little eye. Not a lot. But noticeable. I think it might be from me giving it too much nutridrench. I was so desperate to see results and make it better that I really was giving it a lot at one time a few times a day. I think me giving it too much, made it like...choke or gag or something and pop it’s eye out. I know that sounds silly but I’m hoping someone can reassure me that that’s what it was and it isn’t respiratory. Any advice would be helpful!

I’m not sure why the eye would be bulging but I know giving chicks too much nutridrench can cause diarrhea. If you wanted to do long term vitamins maybe switch to poultry cell. I also know that I have accidentally gotten vitamin E in my silkies eye before and his eye seemed to swell up. It got all watery, and swollen, for about two days then was better. Could something have gotten into her eye?

I’m not sure why the eye would be bulging but I know giving chicks too much nutridrench can cause diarrhea. If you wanted to do long term vitamins maybe switch to poultry cell. I also know that I have accidentally gotten vitamin E in my silkies eye before and his eye seemed to swell up. It got all watery, and swollen, for about two days then was better. Could something have gotten into her eye?
Well I was doing the nutridrench for the wry neck, and I think it came back last time because I stopped giving the vitamin e too early? So I don’t wanna have that happen again. But I think maybe one of my other chicks might have been picking on it so I have them separated and so far it looks like it’s going down! I think maybe it was picked on or maybe dust got in there.

Back
Top Bottom