Chickena

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
Help! So my Silkie chicken has wry neck and she can barely stand! It’s been around 1 week since I’ve noticed that she has wry neck, I think she lost control over her entire body and has little control. When I try to make her stand she’ll fall. Is this supposed to happen?! I’ve also noticed that her poop is very green too.

Wry neck can be a sign of vitamin E or B1 thiamine deficiency, a head injury, heredity, and is seen in Mareks disease and a few others. I would give a 400 IU soft gel and 1/4 tablet of vitamin B complex daily for a couple of weeks to see if it helps. Using human vitamins from your pharmacy is fine. Have you added any new chickens to your flock recently? Was the silkie vaccinated for Mareks? Could it have been an injury? Try to get the chicken to drink some electrolyte water, and mix up a small cup of watery mushy feed. Egg is also good.

How old is she? How are you treating her wry neck? Have you seen her eating and drinking?

Green poop can be a sign that she's not eating. Photos of her (and her poop) would be helpful.
I’m not sure how old is she, she was an adult when I got her, I’ve had her for a year now and I’ve been giving her vitamin E 400IU and B1 I’ve been giving her cooked meat, vegetables, bananas, eggs, shrimp. I don’t have any photos of her poop but I will when she poops since we washed it away.

Back
Top Bottom